Location London - hybrid mix of office (approx. 2 days /week) and home working
Who we are
Climate Essentials is a Climate Tech start up bringing innovation and state of the art data software to the forefront of business and most importantly, makes it accessible to all. Our platform, Climate Essentials, is helping to create a greener future for generations to come by driving cross-sector collaboration and knowledge sharing. Through Climate Essentials, tangible net-zero pathways are being connected across the public and private sectors and regions across the UK and beyond. We provide innovative solutions to the data gaps and bring coordination to the global challenge of tackling the climate crisis.
Our mission is to empower individuals, households, SMEs and the public sector to take control of their carbon emissions and collectively accelerate carbon reduction on a national and global scale.
Following the recent launch of our software’s rebuild, we are hiring a Marketing Manager to drive uptake of the platform, and increase brand awareness and community impact. To support the growth of the next phase in our climate tech start-up, the Marketing Manager will form part of the management team and be responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing strategies to truly maximise our marketing channels. You will take ownership of successfully delivering the marketing outreach activity of the organisation (including events) and input into the strategic positioning of our services. You will create and implement the marketing strategy using both offline and online methods to gain new customers.
You will work closely with the Client Management team, Product team and Delivery team to ensure that there is cohesive and impactful engagement, with the opportunity to build out a team as we grow.
In joining a successful and growing company, this role offers opportunities to contribute significantly to how the marketing function is shaped.
- Lead the management and delivery of B2B marketing activity and campaigns ensuring maximal impact and client engagement
- Act as brand and website owner across our marketing outlets
- Produce and maintain engaging and informative collateral
- Closely monitor marketing insights and industry need to aid strategy development and delivery
- Measure and report on campaigns and trends, and provide regular insight to internal stakeholders, including web analytics, social media and email marketing
- Engage with delivery partners to ensure our programmes are publicised appropriately and driving maximal uptake
- Manage the Marketing and Communications team to deliver best practice marketing approaches across all channels
- Curate an events calendar which aligns with the brand and business objectives
- Act as an ambassador for Climate Essentials at events and conferences
- Other reasonable requests to deliver the business needs including potential travel
What skills you will have
- A bachelor degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in a B2B marketing role
- Proven experience in creating and delivering marketing strategies, with knowledge of trends and best practices
- Experience with website management, including design, SEO, Google Analytics, user journey
- Experience with marketing tools and systems (e.g., Hootsuite, HubSpot)
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills, with the understanding of how to build brand presence
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small and growing team and fast-paced business environment
- Confident in managing relationships with different stakeholders (SMEs, public sector, membership organisations and trade associations, with an interest in B2C as we grow)
- Excellent organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- An analytical mind, with the ability to think strategically and demonstrate proactive problem solving
- Passionate about helping solve the climate crisis
- Additional language/s
- Public sector experience
- Experience in a tech or climate business
- Management experience
- Experience with handling press and PR
Adobe proficiency (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
You will thrive at Climate Essentials if you are passionate about sustainability and looking to work in a fast paced, high growth environment where you get to build things from the bottom up.
Salary based on experience
Don’t tick all the boxes? Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria. Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Climate Essentials is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Climate Essentials all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and experiences, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.